Equip your own bike with power assistance!
Wouldn’t it be great to keep cycling your ordinary bike yet never have to struggle with hills again? Or carry on your normal commute without having to arrive at work covered in sweat?
Now, you can! This electric bike kit (eKit) allows you to transform your bike into an e-bike for a fraction of the cost. Cycling will suddenly have a whole new dimension to it!
With a Lithium-Ion battery included, this is most probably the best value for money conversion kit you can find on the market.
The kit is a front motor-wheel design, making it incredibly simple to install. It usually takes less than an hour to complete the installation. But if you are not the DIY type, you can always seek assistance from a bike service shop. A full installation guide can be found on our support section.
- Motor: 250W brushless front hub, comes integrated in a wheel size of your choice (reaches maximum speed allowed by UK/EU regulation, i.e. 15.5mph)
- Wheel sizes avilable: 20inch, 24inch, 26inch, 700c, 28inch or 29er
- Wheel material: Double walled alloy rim with reinforced spokes to withstand extra pressure.
- Throttle: thumb type – gradual lever, the further it is pressed, the more power is provided.
- Brake levers: Electric levers that also cut the power when applied.
- Brake compatibility: Compatible with both disc brakes and V-brakes
- Controller: 14A max current.
- Cables: Motor cable and system cable (designed for simplicity and minimal wiring)
- Box: for mounting the controller (only when a battery is purchased with the system)
- Fork compatibility: Minimum 100mm between fork drop-outs (which is the vast majority of forks).
Apart from a battery, the above is all that is needed to fully convert a bicycle into an electric bike. All our kit packages include these essential items. All you need to add is a battery (and the optional PAS upgrade if required).
While this kit is powered through the use of a throttle, you can also add a Pedal Assistance System to upgrade your kit with further functions.
Pedal Assist System Upgrades
Why not upgrade your conversion kit by adding one of our optional Pedal Assistance Systems (PAS)? A Pedal Assistance System is a device that senses your pedalling and makes your kit give automatic assistance, i.e. you do not have to press the throttle throughout your journey.
We have two PAS packages on offer:
- Pedal Assistance System with LED Dashboard (Basic)
This is our basic PAS upgrade which includes a handlebar dashboard allowing you to shift between three power levels; low, medium or high.
Compatible with the 250W and the 500W systems only.
- Pedal Assistance System with LCD Computer (Advanced)
This is our top of the range electric bike kit upgrade for you who want to combine your conversion kit with state of the art technology, yet at a surprisingly good value. This package combines a Pedal Assistance System with an advanced LCD handlebar monitor which, not only gives you five levels of power, but also displays your speed, journey distance, time, average speed and many other readings.
Compatible with the 250W, 500W and 1000W systems.
Although these are optional upgrades, you are highly recommended to install a Pedal Assistance System as it will transform your riding experience and improve the longevity of the battery. You can add one of these packages to your cart from the “Prices” tab.
IMPORTANT: If you wish to include a Pedal Assistance System with your eKit, the bottom bracket on your bike needs to be a Square Taper type (which is the most common bottom bracket on ordinary bikes). If you don’t have a square taper bottom bracket, you may need to replace it as well as the crank arms to make your bike compatible with the PAS. If in doubt, please consult a bike service shop on how to fit a square taper bottom bracket on your bike.
Alternatively, you may opt for purchasing the LED/LCD Dashboard only without the PAS if you want the Display functions but prefer not to fiddle with your bottom bracket.