Stealth 500W 29er
Looking for a road-legal e-bike but with an occasional boost of power?
If you are looking for more power than the average electric bike but worried about the legalities of such choice, the Stealth 500W is one of the rare choices to consider. Our unique dual power system integrated in this e-bike allows the user to swap between two modes depending on whether you are on-road or off-road, enabling you to unlock the full power where it is safe and legal to do so.
The UK/EU regulations dictate that an e-bike must not exceed the rated power of 250W to be road-legal. This is not great news for the thrill-seekers, power-hungry among us who want to have the occasional fun off-road yet still be able to ride sensibly and legally on-road. The purchase of the common high powered electric bike will come with its legal implications. On the other hand, the practicality of a road-legal e-bike means giving up the extra power/speed one could enjoy off-road. So which do you choose?
CycloTricity had set out to resolve this dilemma and introduced the first electric bike range that combines both configurations!
Please note that this is not the same as a de-restriction switch which has been questionable from a legal standpoint.
The Stealth 500W is made for you who primarily intend on using the bike on-road, but looking to add the extra power for some occasional off-road riding.
- 250/500W brushless rear hub motor (reaches maximum speed allowed by UK/EU regulation when in restricted mode, i.e. 15.5mph. Road legal once in restricted 250w mode)
- LCD dashboard: controlling power output and featuring a speedometer function. 5 pedal assist power modes
- Thumb throttle (optional extra: contact us to inquire about the legal implications of adding a throttle to this bike)
- Brakes: Disc brakes (Hydraulic option £99)
- 36V/16Ah Lithium-ion battery, Optional upgrade to 36V/19Ah Battery
- USB Port: Active
- Charger: UK plug charger with LED indicating the level of charge (battery should be fully charged within 5 hours)
- Frame size: 18″ Alloy 6061 frame, Suitable for 5' 5" - 6' 1"(Feet)
- Suspension: ZOOM alloy 100mm
- Gears: 7 speed Shimano derailleur
- Rims: 700c Alloy double-walled
- Saddle: PVC leather
- Bell: Included
- 1-year warranty (extended warranty available as an option)
- Total weight of e-Bike including battery: 23kg
30 days 100% money back guarantee
We offer a 30 day return policy provided the products are returned in clean, perfect condition with all tags intact and in their original packaging. Shipping costs for any returns are not covered (although we can arrange for our courier to collect the item for a fee). Damaged goods will incur salvage costs subject to the discretion of Cyclotricity. All exchanges will incur a return shipping fee.
Free delivery applies to all items £100 and above within mainland UK.
Delivery is usually between one and five working days on all stock items. we will notify you if the delivery is going to take longer. Free delivery is for mainland UK only, please contact us for additional postage charges if purchasing in Northern Ireland, Highlands, non mainland areas, British Isles, Republic of Ireland and Europe.
Assistance can be offered if you do not feel confident with assembly of any of our products. Most Bikes arrive 95% ready to ride (within mainland UK) with just the need to straighten the handlebars and fit the pedals. To do this only a minimal amount of tools are required, these will generally be a 15mm spanner and a set of allen keys.
Once you receive your delivery, please go to our support section, download all relevant materials and follow the setup instructions. We accept no liability for incorrect fitting.
Here is a video of what to expect when you recive you bike: